Wednesday, January 30, 2013

More (detailed) Updates.

Well since I'm sitting here. At midnight. Wide awake. I thought I'd give y'all a little update as to what's going on with me, N, C and the Mister. Because APPARENTLY when you lay in bed all day and take several random catnaps here and there, you're not tired when normal bed time rolls around? Go figure.

Okay, lets start at the very beginning shall we?

So Sunday, January 6th I went to my fabulous shower thrown by one of my closest and dearest friends. I'll post pics and do a separate update about it later but let's just say for now it was perfect. AND, for the record, I felt fine at the shower. Monday morning I woke up with a cough. It wasn't a "I think it's the weather" or a "I've got one of Koda's hairs in my throat" cough, it was an "uh oh, this feels like it could turn into something nasty" cough. BUT it was just a cough at that point. However by that night it was a "I think I need to call my mom to come help me with C" cough. Over the next few days I got chills, body aches, a more hacking type of cough and a headache. I bet you can guess where this is going ... THANKFULLY the Mister stayed home with me on Wednesday and, after calling my OB and telling her my symptoms, she called me in Tamiflu and had me start taking it before I got a positive flu test. And thank goodness she did. I'll admit I was a little hesitant to take it without knowing if I actually had the flu, but I did anyway and was literally feeling better after the second dose. Only to find out the next day at my OB appointment that I did, in fact, have the flu. And yes, I got the shot. And yes it was the shot for the strand I got. And yes, I will continue to get the shot and give C the shot and have the Mister get the shot. I won't go into that big argument right now, however thanks to my mom and her dropping her schedule, C was spared from getting my germs. The Mister steered clear of me and quarantined me in our room while himself sleeping in the guest room and somehow dodged the big flu bullet as well. So after being in quarantine Monday - Sunday and FINALLY allowing myself to come out of my germ cave (and covering it in a thick layer of Lysol while simultaneously washing every towel, sheet and piece of clothing I could've possibly come in contact with) and see C, the Mister and I headed to bed and did our nightly "take the heifers pregnant lady's blood pressure". And that's when the other shoe dropped. The first one we took? 145/98. The second? 146/100. Awesome. After calming me down a bit (I tend to be a bit anxious about these things which, is AWESOME for your blood pressure as you can imagine) the Mister convinced me to go to sleep and take it in the morning. Which we did. To which we got almost the same number.

We decided it was time to call the OB and when we did she instructed us to come in. When we got there the nurse sat me down to take my BP and the first thing out of her mouth was, "Mmmkay I'm going to give you a second to relax and take it again" ... (Not exactly what you want to hear and, again, not GREAT for lowering your blood pressure ...). This process was repeated 4 times before she finally would even TELL me what it was reading. 160/105. For all you healthy, always have perfect blood pressures, I have no idea what's normal (ahem, the Mister) blood pressure people, normal is 120/70. Yeah. Not good. So my doctor told us to go ahead and go to labor and delivery for monitoring and that most likely we'd go home on more home rest that night.

Or not, whatever.

They hovered at that scary level for several hours which got me a one-way ticket to Hotel Hospital. That was Monday January 14 and I've been here ever since. It's fun. A blast I tell you. I've had massages, laid on the beach, sipped margaritas and eaten gourmet food.


BUT I have fantastic nurses, N looks great (and huge I might add) and C is spending his weeks at Grandparent Camp (i.e. being spoiled rotten. People, both sets of grandparents have bought, continue to buy and are starting to have rooms taken over by trains and train tracks) and the weekends with is daddy and seems to be unaffected by the constant change in his routine. Thank goodness for the attention span of a two year old. Can I get a amen?

Me? I've been doing well. Much better than I did with C. With C if I'd been here this long they'd have had to exchange my comfy maternity clothes that the Mister brought me with a straight jacket and some Xanax. I had my first bad day yesterday while watching a video of C (which most days gets me through my days and brightens them up) I teared up and got really sad. Sad that I'm not able to be doing fun things and playing with my boy like I should. Sad that I haven't put him to bed, bathed him, changed his diaper or picked out his clothes in over 6 weeks. Sad that I'm afraid he's forgetting his mommy. His mommy who, whenever he had to leave her, he would cry and throw fits and say "Mommy coming, mommy coming?" (Not that I'm wishing he'd cry for me or miss me at all, it's just hard to feel like my place is being taken). Sad at the thought that he might think I don't love him anymore. Or that I've abandoned him. The majority of these things I KNOW are ridiculous and also know that in the grand scheme of life are NOT big deals. But regardless, it's hard. And boy do I miss my sweet boy.

The good news is my mom brings him up sometime during the days she has him and so does the Mister. Even if its only an hour each time it still helps get me from day to day. And I have some amazing friends and family that have taken shifts in coming to visit me to make the time go faster. And I'm trying to keep my chin up and be positive. And I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to start sentences with "and".

Anyways, for now this post has gotten WAY too long and borderline novel-like so I think I'll end it by telling y'all that I'm 35 weeks 4 days, the goal is to get me to 37 weeks and then keep going til my c section date (if all still looks well) which is February 25, however everyone doubts that will happen given that I've been on blood pressure meds and the dosage is about to be upped for the second time tomorrow.

Until then? We shall see! I'll update you on a few funny goings ons here at Hotel Hospital in my next post.

I guess I'll try and go to sleep now ...


  1. Hang in there! I know it's hard. A year from now, 2 years from now, 6 months from now...God will reveal his plan in all this and you'll go, "Oh, that makes sense!" Even though right now it doesn't. Praying for you and N!

  2. Awe thinking of you! I know it's so hard to e away from your little one

  3. I'm sure it's tough but every day that N can bake a little longer is a victory! Hang in there!

  4. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be away from C, but you're doing what you have to do to get N here safely! Soon enough you'll be snuggling BOTH of you're boys!!! Hang in there :)


Thanks for stopping by!