Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Catching Up ...

Man I'm bad about updating this thing. Bad, bad, bad.

So I figured I'd start catching up. The weekend before last I went with my family to my uncle's memorial (BIG thanks to the Mister for staying home with the munchkin BTW) in Dubois, WY.

First and foremost, can we talk about how breathtakingly beautiful it is there? GORG. And COLD. Texas people, be jealous. I was wearing a sweatshirt and pants and STILL wasn't warm enough. In June. Like we saw snow flurries at one point. I'm sewious.

A little background on my uncle. He was the drummer for The Doobie Brothers. Fact, A Doobies concert was the first one I ever went to. At like 8. And I'm pretty sure I was a little high from all the other concert attender's ... cigarette smoke ...

But that's neither here not there. Back to the memorial. It was held at his home in WY. He loved the outdoors and Dubois. And I'm about to show you why.










Those are all views off the back porch of his home. The memorial was everything he'd want it to be, people hanging out, celebrating his life and having fun. My cousins did a wonderful job putting it together. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves ...







The decal they had made of their dad ...






My cousins receiving an American flag for their dad's service in Vietnam ...



My family ...



We all wore these like backstage passes around our necks ...






More scenery pics with my Silly ...



Dinner in the cute little town one night ...


One of Mike's closest friends and band security for awhile, Leroy.



And the whole group that was there. Keep on rockin' Big Mike!



2 comments:

  1. What an honorable Memorial Service- looks like you all celebrated the memories of him and I think that is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its okay to be bad about blogging, some of us are bad about reading ;) I'm so behind! That looks like a wonderful service, glad you could all get together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!